MarEng Plus material is English-English and is based on language used in actual situations on board ships, in ports and elsewhere in the shipping chain.
MarEng Plus is IN ADDITION to the original MarEng. Here is a list of what’s new in MarEng Plus:
- A completely new elementary level. To clarify, the original MarEng only consisted of intermediate and advanced levels.
- New topics: Maritime Security and The Maritime Environment (the material for these topics consists of all levels, elementary, intermediate and advanced)
- Teacher’s manual, which covers all topics and levels. It consists of an Answer Key for the whole MarEng learning material (original MarEng and MarEng Plus exercises), Lesson Plan Aid for the whole MarEng learning material (original MarEng and MarEng Plus exercises) and Tips & Hints for using the whole MarEng learning material (original MarEng and MarEng Plus exercises)
- Extended glossary, which also covers the new topics of Maritime Security and The Maritime Environment. Please note that Glossary can be opened only from the main menu of the MarEng Plus. Therefore, you should open the glossary before you start doing any of the exercises.
- A mobile phone application of the glossary. The extended glossary can be used in a mobile phone by using the new application. Installation directions can be found here.
Please note: All MarEng Plus Cd-Roms are identical and they can be used as a single user and a network version. This applies no matter what is printed on the Cd-Rom or the Cd-Rom case.