Thank you for submitting your paper to PATT38!
Here are the final steps to take for its publication:
All papers should have been submitted to TECHNE by 31.3.2021. If a paper is submitted after this deadline we cannot guarantee its publication.
If you have already submitted a full paper and have not yet gotten the reviews, please immediately contact PATT38@utu.fi about the matter. There have been some mistakes and delays and we are actively working on them.
1. Make a registration to the conference.
Registration is a precondition for a paper to be included in the PATT38-proceedings!
Link to the registration: https://konsta.utu.fi/Default.aspx?tabid=88&tap=10361
2. Make a final check for the paper. Your Section Editor will contact you!
The Section Editor might have additional notes regarding the language or
the technical paper template.
3. Write a short author presentation.
The author presentation is placed at the end of the paper to be published in
the conference proceedings. Length of the author presentation should be a
maximum of 70 words.
4. Add the paper to the TECHNE series journal submission portal after your
Section Editor’s approval.
You will find the portal at:
After an author has submitted an article to the TECHNE system the
Technical Editor Juha Hartvik will finalize the process.
5. After submitting your paper to Techne, send a message to your Section
Editors AND email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference proceedings and thematic issues in international journals
All the full papers that will be accepted after the double blind peer review process will be published in Techne Series journal. Techne Series is ranked as a basic level (1) journal. The latest Techne Series issue can be found at https://journals.oslomet.no/index.php/techneA/index.
After the PATT38 conference full paper authors have a possibility to broaden the paper (minimum 50 % revision) to a scientific journal article. The conference Scientific Committee has agreed to publish invited papers in thematic issues with the following journals:
- Techne Series — basic level 1
- FormAkademisk — basic level 1
- Design and Technology Education: An International Journal — basic level 1
Themes of the issues will be formed based on the PATT38 abstracts.
Full paper guidelines and submission
After the abstract approval you can start your full paper process. All full papers go through a double blind peer review. Final submissions of the accepted papers will be informed by email.
Full papers should have a maximum of 3000 words (title, abstract, key words, tables, figures and references excluded).
The authors have to use Techne template for the full paper. If the template is not used the full papers will not be accepted to a blind review process.
- Techne author guidelines
- English template for the PATT38 full paper (.docx download)
- Template information in Techne
All papers should be submitted to email@example.com.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As a part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items. Submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines:
- The manuscript has not been published earlier and has not been sent to an another journal (In other cases please make a notice to firstname.lastname@example.org.).
- The format of the manuscript follows the given author guidelines. The file is in word- or rtf- format (Download a full paper .docx template in English.).
- The author(s) confirm that all relevant research ethics assessments of the manuscript have been made and are willing to account for this upon request (Also see the Guidelines from the Norwegian National Research Ethics Committees.).
- The manuscript has been proofread and language checked.
- The manuscript has been designed in a way that author identification is not possible to make during the review process. With Microsoft Office documents, author identification should also be removed from the file properties (see under File in Word), by clicking on the following (beginning with File on the main menu of the Microsoft application): File > Save As > Tools (or Options with a Mac) > Security > Remove personal information from file properties on save > Save. You can also find useful information on the internet, e.g. How do I remove identifying properties from my Word document?
- The journal has permission to screen the manuscript for plagiarism before publishing.
PATT38_General Guidelines for Authors in PDF-format
Techne template for full paper (.docx download)
Should you require any further information please don’t hesitate to contact the Conference Organizing Committee by email: email@example.com.